Friday, November 27, 2009

Adventures with Sheralie and Co.



This Thanksgiving, I've been very grateful for the chance to visit my sister Sheralie and her husband Pete in Manila, Philippines. We've had a marvelous time - catching up, playing with Jeffrey, Laird and Lucy, and getting a chance to see the Philippines.

Here are some pics:


Morning rice fields and water buffalo


The canyon below Pagsanjan Falls


Sheralie, Jeff and I with our awesome guides.
(I'm going to devote a whole post to how incredible they were later.)


Footbridge. Pagsanjan Village.


View from footbridge.


Pagsanjan



World War II American Cemetery and Memorial in Manila
17,202 buried
36,285 missing

The inscription on the south side of the bell tower reads:

TAKE UNTO THYSELF O LORD
THE SOULS OF THE VALIANT




5 comments:

Sydney Vivian Lambson said...

so jealous! i want asia!

Sheralie said...

thanks for coming! we had a great time.

Pete said...

You're the man. Have fun in Korea on the way back.

Allie said...

Mike, I think it's official. You've been to 20,000 more places than I have, and I think that's really cool.

Someday you're going to arrive somewhere, open your suitcase, and I'll be curled up in there. Sneaky.

EWery said...

Dude that is sweet that you have been to so many places - Philippines, Korea, Africa. You are living it up!