Monday, September 19, 2011

12 Hours in the UK

Been in the UK for 12 hours. Observations:

1) My "sorry" already has a British twang to it.
2) We live within walking distance of all necessary stores. Very nice.
3) Grocery shopping made me so happy I wanted to move in between the aisle of Indian food and the aisle of chutneys and sauces. This is going to be a good year for my stomach.
4) Flat is extremely pleasant, with thick, quiet walls and a nice third floor view of the neighborhood. New roommates are fastidiously clean and appreciated me making dinner.
5) Dinner was tomato sausage + spicy Indian sauce + potatoes + onion + brown basmati rice with mint and chip ice cream for dessert.
6) The "projects" of Tottenham are really, really nice. We live in a fine neighborhood with plenty of trees, confusing streets and roundabouts, and pleasant brick buildings.
7) I highly recommend flying Air New Zealand. Great food, cheery service, a nice palette for the interior of the plane (black, slate gray, dark green and some purple accents) and a hysterical rugby-themed security video.

Jet lag is messing with my brain. I better go to bed while I still can.

2 comments:

Sheralie said...

City life can be oh so fun. I am sure you will enjoy every minute! And blue skies? I thought London was so cloudy..

Adam G. Ricks said...

Oh Mike, I miss your adventurous cooking...at least you didn't feed them Liver on the first day! :)