Saturday, March 03, 2012

A Year in Random Food Pictures


Thai Sausage Sandwiches (January 2012)
Apple sausage, Caramelized Onion, Arugula, Avocado and
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce on toasted baguettes.


Poulet avec aubergine et haricots verts (February 2011)
OK, so I just wrote it in French to make it sound cooler than it really is, but I made it the night after we ate a French place because I was feeling inspired by the way they cooked their potatoes.
(Chicken, Eggplant, Green Beans, Mushroom sauce and cold, sliced potatoes)


Brazilian black beans with dried, salted beef, lightly steamed kale,
cassava flour and basmati rice.
Now that's comfort food that's good for you. (March 2012)


Chocolate Raspberry Ganache (Thanksgiving 2011)
Pastry crust + raspberries + cream + sugar + cocoa =
better make sure I share this with lots of people instead of eating it all myself.
Inspired by a ganache I ate at Borough Market


Completed Ganache (November 2011)


Italian Roasted Pork with Basil and Tomato, Roasted Potatoes (November 2011)
I lightly seared the pork steaks (they are SO cheap!) with olive oil, peppers and onions before arranging them and baking them in the oven with lots of tomatoes, tomato sauce, and basil.
As they say here in England: easy peasy, lemon squeezy.


Pesto Chicken and Vegetable Bake (December 2011)
My Mom's classic Sunday afternoon recipe.


Roommate-proof Brazilian chicken, beans and feet.
For the first time ever, nobody snitched this from the crock pot. Worked like a charm. (May 2011)


Beef and Cashew curry with brown rice. (July 2011)




I had already eaten three or four spoonfuls when I remembered to stop and take a picture.

Final note: My Mom taught me how to cook, and to love delicious, healthy food. Thanks Mom!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Adam G. Ricks said...

Oh mike -- how we all miss your random foods in the kitchen. :) Most of those look really good though! You always did have a few roommate-proof dinners. I can remember one crockpotting liver that was especially roommate-proof. Not only did we not eat it, I'm not sure we slept in our apartment that night! ;) Glad you are still having fun though. Hope all is well.